Tax Collector

The tax collector is charged with the responsibility for receiving and collecting all taxes and assessments both current and delinquent. The Office of the Tax Collector bills just under 3,000 taxpayers and collects taxes quarterly. Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1. A ten-day grace period to the 10th of the month is allowed by Resolution of the Mayor and Council after which interest is charged from the first day of the month in which payments are due.

Taxpayers are urged to read all of the information contained on the front and the back of their tax bills. Please note that according to New Jersey State Law, failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt a property owner from payment of taxes.

If you are mailing a check to pay your taxes, please be certain that you are paying the amount for the correct quarter. If you would like a receipt, please send the entire tax bill with your check & self-addressed, stamped envelope. Your bill will be receipted and mailed back to you.  If you do not desire a receipt, then just mail the property stub and check or place in the drop box.

Tax Collector –
Telephone: 856-547-7164, ext. 32

Other Resources:

  • New Jersey Homestead Rebate Benefit Hotline: 1-888-238-1233
  • New Jersey Tax Freeze Hot Line: 1-800-882-6597
  • New Jersey Regional Tax Offices: 856-614-2600
  • New Jersey American Water Company: 856-310-2200
  • Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority: 856-541-3700
  • Camden County Clerks/Deeds Office: 856-225-5417



The Tax Collector is responsible for the collection of property taxes, local improvement assessments, tax searches and other municipal charges including water & sewer utility payments.

When is my tax bill mailed?
When are taxes due?

How is interest calculated on my tax bill?
What is a tax sale?
How do I pay off a tax lien?
I’ve changed my mailing address, what should I do?
My mortgage company is no longer paying my taxes, what should I do?


Tax Collector FAQs

When is my tax bill mailed? Tax bills are mailed out ONCE a year in July. Duplicate copies can be obtained from the tax office. If you sell your home, bring your tax bill to the closing. It is important to give it to the new owner so they have the tax information to continue paying the tax bill. The State of New Jersey has determined it is the homeowner’s responsibility to pay the property taxes in a timely fashion and the absence of a tax bill does not prevent interest accrual.

When are taxes due? Taxes are payable quarterly on the first day of February, May, August, and November. There is a 10-day grace period. After the grace period, taxes are delinquent and subject to interest back to the first day of the quarter. If the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday they are due the next business day. Postmarks are not indicative of a receipt.

How is interest calculated on my tax bill? Any taxes remaining unpaid after the 10-day grace period are subject to interest back to the first day of each quarter. The interest rate charged is 8% on the first $1,500 of delinquency and 18% on any amount over $1,500 of delinquent tax. The rate of 18% remains until there is no delinquent tax even if the amount falls below $1,500.

What is a tax sale? A tax sale is a sale of unpaid prior year balances including taxes, water/sewer & CCMUA charges. This sale puts a lien against your property which would need to be redeemed upon sale of property if not sooner. Lien holders have the right to foreclose if the lien had not been paid off after 2 years.

How do I pay off a tax lien? By contacting the Tax Office to find out the redemption figure. Payment must be made in full.

I’ve changed my mailing address, what should I do? Notify the tax office right away so that all future mailings may be properly delivered. Notification must be in writing with signature of homeowner. Failure to properly deliver a tax bill or delinquent notice does not relieve the property owner from interest payments. Unpaid balances will continue to accrue interest until full balance is paid.

My mortgage company is no longer paying my taxes, what should I do? The Tax Collector’s Office keeps track of who is responsible for paying the taxes on each property. If there is any change in your agreement with your mortgage company which results in a change to who makes the payments the tax office should be notified right away. If you have a bank or mortgage company escrowing your taxes, they will receive the original tax bill and you will receive a copy. If you change from your mortgage company paying your taxes to doing it yourself, then you may use the advice copy stubs that were mailed to you in the summertime.