The BOROUGH OF HADDON HEIGHTS FIRE DEPARTMENT is currently accepting applications for the position of CAREER FIREFIGHTER.
Minimum requirements include:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of firefighting experience
- Must have a New Jersey State Firefighter I Certification
- Must have Incident Management Level I Certification
- Must have and maintain a minimum New Jersey Division of Health and Senior Services
Emergency Medical Technician B Certification (EMT-B).
- Must have and maintain a valid New Jersey State Driver‚Äôs License
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must have 60 College Credits
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Must be able to pass a physical examination, drug test and psychological testing
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a strength and agility test
- Will be required to undergo a comprehensive background check.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes involving moral turpitude
- Must be able to respond to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Must be able to be enrolled in the New Jersey State Police and Fire Pension System
- Must be able to provide documentation of all requirements where applicable
The following will be required after date of hire:
- Must successfully complete a recognized Emergency Vehicle Operators Course, equivalent to CEVO course, or will be required to complete same within 180 days of hire.
- Will be required to successfully qualify on all Haddon Heights Fire Department Apparatus, according to the established HHFD Qualification Training course, within 360 days of hire.
- Will be required to successfully complete the New Jersey State Firefighter II course and obtain certification. The Department will pay for tuition, however, will not compensate for time outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Salary and benefits commensurate with current International Association of Fire Fighters Contract
To download the Preliminary Application, please click¬†here.¬† If you believe you are qualified for the position, please complete the preliminary Application¬†as attached and return to the Borough Clerk. ¬†You may obtain the formal application from the Borough Clerk’s office.
Applications must be received no later than Friday, February 27, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.¬† Qualified candidates will apply to:
Kelly Santosusso, RMC, Borough Clerk
Borough of Haddon Heights
625 Station Avenue
Haddon Heights, NJ¬† 08035
The Borough of Haddon Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLASS INSTRUCTORS¬†FOR YOUTH, ADULT AND SENIOR CLASSES
Do you have a special skill, hobby or talent that you would like to share with others in an instructional setting? The Borough of Haddon Heights Program Department is seeking instructors for new and existing youth and adult education programs/workshops.¬† Each season, the borough runs a variety of courses in fitness, art, crafts and enrichment subjects for residents of all ages.¬† Courses are held at your Community Center and Cabin facilities.¬† Please submit your resume, cover letter and/or course proposal to:
The Borough of Haddon Heights
ATTN: Program Coordinator
625 Station Avenue
Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
or e-mail to:
¬†CROSSING GUARDS NEEDED
The Haddon Heights Police Department is in need of Crossing Guards. If you‚Äôre in good health, enjoy being out doors and spending time helping children you may be qualified. Interested applicants should apply at the:
Haddon Heights Police Department
625 Station Avenue
Haddon Heights, NJ
Please call 856-547-0614,¬† ext. 10 if you have any questions.
Crossing Guards typically start part time and move to a permanent position when a post becomes available.¬† The starting hourly rate is $11.03.